Skip to content
Release 2021.3 Date: 03 August 2021
- New: Supports VRED Professional Release 2022.1
Release 2021.2 Date: 02 August 2021
- New: Sceneplates added to variant sets
- New: Presentation widget – group nodes are checkable
- New: Presentation widget – morph and cache subtree
- New: Presentation widget – morph and cache all checked
- New: Presentation widget – create variant sets for checked
- New: Presentation widget – added viewpoint list per group node (comma seperated string)
- New: Presentation widget – sorting enabled
- New: Presentation widget – exclude duplicates in groups
- New: Presentation widget – “Unmorph All” function on context menu of group nodes
- New: Added part id for transformation variant sets
- New: Excel import – added BMW combinations format
- New: Warning message in terminal window when history widget or presentation widget need to be reset after selecting a VRED variant set
- Change: Presentation widget – morph status is set only for the selected gap/flush/combination – all other gap/flush/combination in group are reset to their original state
- Fix: “Clear History” function will now always create an “Initial State” entry
- Fix: viewpoint name referencing from preferences
- Fix: corrected indexing of mirrored sections
- Fix: corrected editing of gap value in gap/flush widget
- Fix: corrected editing of ratio value in gap/flush widget
- Fix: corrected editing of morph rad value in gap/flush widget
- Fix: high-lighting of parts when selected a combination or a child of a combination
- Fix: drag&drop transformation variants for part no. 2 to presentation widget
Release 2021.1 Date: 16 June 2021
- Fix: BMW parallel gap and BMW parallel flush
Release 2021.0 Date: 30 April 2021
- New: Supports VRED Professional Release 2021.3
- New: Supports VRED Professional Release 2021.2
- New: Supports VRED Professional Release 2021.1
- New: Presentation Widget
- New: PQ Data Validator application for Daimler data format
- New: Preferences – BMW All Variants
- New: Excel import keyword “Tesla”
- New: Excel import keyword “Scania”
- New: Extended excel import for “Scania” to include Mirrors, Combinations and Transformations.
- New: Updated Excel importer for “Arrival”
- New: Supports VRED Sceneplates with current morph state information
- New: Import “Mirror” sheet from Excel
- New: Configurable VRED variant set names with all available parameters
- New: Context menu on gap/flush variants – “Print VRED Variant Set Names Preview” – prints variant set names for all checked as configured in Preferences to terminal window
- New: Context menu on combinations – “Print VRED Variant Set Names Preview” – prints variant set names for all checked as configured in Preferences to terminal window
- New: Preferences – tree widgets double click action – option to expand node or morph variant/combination
- New: Function to morph gap/flush variant by double click on node
- New: Function to morph combination by double click on node
- New: Combinations Sheet for Daimler: Added keywords A_Min, V_Min, A_Max, V_Max
- New: Combinations Sheet for Daimler: Autofill MSnn based on MS01
- New: Combinations Sheet for Daimler: Extrapolation to the left: Left most value assigned to all previous points
- New: Combinations Sheet for Daimler: Interpolation between the values available
- New: Combinations Sheet for Daimler: Extrapolation to the right: right most value assigned to all further points
- New: Combinations Sheet for Daimler: Catch error with etra “;” in effected gaps
- New: Remove white spaces from Exel – Daimler only
- Change: Updated Excel importer for BMW
- Change: Updated Excel importer for Bentley
- Change: Removed default config file for the demo
- Fix: No errors when canceling windows file dialog
- Fix: Export xml
- Fix: Morphing a transformation variant resets the previous morphings
- Fix: Morphing a transformation variant applies only to affected part
- Fix: Downward compatibility with Autodesk VRED Professional 2020
Release 2020.6 Date: 15 July 2020
- New: Excel import keyword “Arrival”
Release 2020.5 Date: 10 July 2020
- Bug fix: gap variant presets calculation made Py3 compatible
Release 2020.4 Date: 03 July 2020
- New: Excel import keyword “BMW”
- Bug fix: Gracefully handle if ‘;’ is found in one of the cells in Excel sheet.
Release 2020.3 Date: 09 June 2020
- New: Excel import keyword “Audi”
Release 2020.2 Date: 08 June 2020
- New: Supports VRED Professional Release 2021
Release 2020.1 Date: 01 April 2020
- New: Excel import keyword “ItalDesign”
Release 2020.0 Date: 29 January 2020
- New: Supports VRED Professional Releases 2020.2 and 2020.3
- New: Function “Save”
- New: Morphing control by angle between gap measure direction and local vertex normal direction.
- New: Morphing limitation to maximum value of nearest measure point.
- New: Function “Edit Column” to edit all measure points values of one gap/flush simultaneously.
- New: Preset gap/flush variant “Taper O” – max gap/flush a center point; min gap/flush at both ends
- New: Preset gap/flush variant “Taper X” – min gap/flush a center point; max gap/flush at both ends
- Bug fix: Correctly updating morph zone symbols.
- Bug fix: Double nodes in VRED scene graph when creating VRED variant sets for combinations.
- Bug fix: UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘part1TransformTemplatesMapping’ referenced before assignment.
- Change: Renamed variant presets from “(xxx%) Max. Gap/Flush” to “(xxx%) Max”
- Change: Renamed variant presets from “(xxx%) Min. Gap/Flush” to “(xxx%) Min”
- Change: Changed nomenclature of VRED variant sets from “7-8_G: (140%) Max vp1 [2020-01-20 15:41:44.810000]” to “7-8_G_vp1_(140%)Max_2020-01-20-16-42-18-474000”
- Change: Changed window title to project file name
Release 2019.5 Date: 04 December 2019
- New: Supports VRED 2020.2
- Bug fix: Double nodes in VRED scene graph when creating VRED variant sets from combinations.
- Bug fix: UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘part1TransformTemplatesMapping’ referenced before assignment.
Release 2019.4 Date: 27 November 2019
- New: Supports VRED 2020.1
- New: New: Discontinued support of VRED Versions 2019 and 2018.
- New: Excel import keyword “McLaren”.
- New: Excel import for keyword “Porsche”: option to read or calculate morph radius, option to read or calculate nominal gap, option to read direction vector from points sheet or from measures sheet.
- New: Daimler config file keyword MEASURE-GAP_OPTION, 0: gap direction vector from Excel, 1: gap direction vector calculated P1-P2, 2: gap direction vector calculated P2-P1.
- New: Daimler presets Taper V1- V4.
- New: Main Menu > File “Import Gap/Flush Measure Data” – deletes current data and imports data from Excel.
- New: Main Menu > File “Import Add-Replace Gap/Flush Measure Data” – adds data with new gap/flush/combination Ids and overwrites data with existing gap/flush/combination Ids.
- New: Main menu > View > Extended Gap/Flush List – shows or hides gap/flush used in combinations.
- New: Main menu > View > Refresh Lists – updates all three tree widgets.
- New: Tree widget for gap/flush – expandable down to measure point data.
- New: Tree widget for combinations with 10 combinations groups – imported combinations will be added to groups based on the first digit of the combination Id.
- New: Tree widget for history of morphed states – enables real time A-B comparison.
- New: Drag & drop gap/flush variants to combinations.
- New: Context menus on gap/flush widget (item sensitive) for all gap/flush/transformation functions.
- New: Context menus on combinations widget (item sensitive) for all combination functions.
- New: Context menus on history widget for all history functions.
- New: Added sort functions to gap/flush and combiantions tree widgets.
- New: “Force Delete” option for deleting gap/flush/tranf variants which are part of combinations.
- New: Warning for affected combinations when deleting gap/flush/tranf variant – delete nothing unless “Force Delete” is checked.
- New: Multiple materials created for PQ symbols are now merged to a single material per symbol and named nVIZpqMa…
- New: Performant morphing of combinations.
- New: Create VRED variant sets from combinations.
- New: Added part transformations to VRED variant sets.
- New: Added gap/flush/combinations ID and name and time stamp to VRED variant set name.
- New: Optional viewpoint names 1 and 2 in preferences – viewpoints will be added to VRED variant sets if preferences are filled in and viewpoints exist; nomenclature for viewpoints: and .
- New: Auto-generate all VRED variant sets for checked gap/flush or checked combinations.
- New: Single variant set with original data for all gap and flush variant sets.
- New: Preferences check box to auto-generate gap/flush presets.
- New: Preference spin box to set history cache size.
- Resolved: Limitations on VRED variant sets – variant sets can now be created for arbitrary gaps/flush/transf configurations.
- Resolved: Renaming gap/flush/tranf variant will now update the names in the combinations.
- Bug fix: Combinations with deformation and transformation on the same gap are now handled correctly.
- Bug fix: Daimler combinations from column D imported correctly if column E is not filled in.
- Bug-Fix: Imported Daimler transformations (“v”-, “c”-type) creating double entries in combinations.
- Bug-Fix: Updating combinations when deleting gap/flush/transf variants.
- Bug-Fix: Double creation of preset variants after opening pqb file.
- Bug-Fix: Number of gap/flush in combinations extended to full Daimler Excel sheet dimension (=4).
- Bug-Fix: Import of Daimler combinations maintains combination Id consistent to Excel sheet.
- Bug-Fix: Manual node assignment if node path is not unique.
- Change: Excel import for keyword “Porsche” changed to format of Excel template V2_20190115.
- Change: Extended Daimler combinations Id range to C0000-C9999.
- Change: Daimler combinations keywords made case unsensitive.
- Change: Moved most push buttons to context menu.
- Change: Moved presets to gap/flush tree widget.
- Change: Moved Excel file name display to widget header.
- Change: Removed gap/flush filter check box – filter is now directly applied while typing a string for id or description.
- Change: Removed transformations tab (integrated in gap/flush widget).
- Change: Removed assemblies tab (now combinations widget).
- Change: Removed edit tab (edit functions added to context menu on measure points).
- Limitation: pqb file from earlier versions is not compatible.
Release 2019.3.1 Date: 16 September 2019
- New: Excel import keyword “Ford”
Release 2019.3 Date: 12 July 2019
- Change: Updated Bentley excel data extraction format.
Release 2019.2 Date: 04 July 2019
- New: Supports VRED 2019
- New: Supports VRED 2020
- New: Function to create multiple VRED variant sets from morphed gap/flush states for direct A-B comparison (currently not supported for ‘Transformations’ and ‘Assemblies’)
- New: A copy of the original data of each part will allways be created for manual recovery – see node ‘nVIZpqTrf__originalData’
- New: GUI tab with functions to edit the measure points positions and direction vectors
- New: Options to hide part 1 or part 2 with related symbols for convenient inspection of measure points
- New: Version information printed to VRED terminal window when plugin is loaded
- New: Preferences option to specify a custom config file to be used
- Bug-Fix: Part search after PQ-specific nodes have been created and the same part name still occurs in further gaps/flushes
- Bug-Fix: Part search after manually assigning a node path to part 1/2 which is referenced as part 2/1 on a different gap/flush
- Bug-Fix: Measure sections variants can no longer be deleted while assembly definitions exist
- Bug-Fix: Assemblies correctly morphed when switching between morphing of measures sections and morphing of assemblies
- Bug-Fix: Assemblies correctly morphed in combination with assemblies filter function
- Bug-Fix: ‘Remove Selected Measures’ in combination with filter function
- Change: Removed ‘Sweep Measure Sections’ – redundancy with ‘Delete Measure Sections’
- Change: Removed spin box ‘Affect Part 2’ – redundancy with ‘Affect Part 1’
Release 2019.1 Date: 27 March 2019
- Imp.: License Verification changed from this release onwards. Please contact nVIZ GmbH to get new license files.
- New: Optimized for Bentley Motors Ltd also.
- New: Online documentation is available
- Change: Help link in the GUI is changed according to new website of nVIZ GmbH.
Release 2018.5 Date: 18 December 2018
- New: XML export for PQ project.
- New: GUI enhancement – enabled multi-selection for all list widgets.
Release 2018.4 Date: 14 December 2018
- New: Excel importer window closes automatically after 10 seconds.
- New: GUI tab for preferences: ‘Measure Points Symbols’, ‘Direction Vector Symbols’, ‘Measure Sections Variants’
- New: Extended list of predefined measure sections variants.
- New: Function to mirror measure sections.
- New: Function to copy measures sections variants.
- New: Filter for measure description string.
- New: Import of gaps with a single measure section enabled.
- New: On ‘Cache Panels’ nodes are now checked to be polygon geometry.
- New: All measure points can now be selected and visualized together.
- New: Individual visualization of measure points and direction vectors.
- Bug-Fix: Fixed missing data in project files.
- Bug-Fix: Fixed creation of multiple pqTrf groups.
- Bug-Fix: Disconnected VRED file load from Plugin.
- Bug-Fix: Check for empty or missing templates files, transformations files and assemblies files.
- Change: Default morph radius changed to “100”.
Release 2018.3 Date: 30 November 2018
- New: New keyword ‘Porsche_2’ – import all Excel file lines without nomenclature check.
Release 2018.2.4 Date: 23 November 2018
- Change: Extended nomenclature for keyword ‘Porsche’ rev 2018-11-16.
Release 2018.2.3 Date: 22 November 2018
- Bug-Fix: Fix to create status file after completion in all configurations.
Release 2018.2.2 Date: 22 November 2018
- Bug-Fix: Fix to take into account empty Excel sheets for transformations and combinations.
- Info.: General release with all of the updates from Release 2018.2.
Release 2018.2 Date: 04 October 2018 (For Daimler AG only)
- New: A function to unmorph all to go back to original state is added.
- New: Manual part referencing crossover from part1 to part2 and vice versa.
- New: A log file is generated for each run with all the errors and warnings etc.
- New: Linear interpolation for missing values in “Combinations sheet”.
- New: A warning is generated where extrapolation is required for missing values in “Combinations sheet”.
- New: Distance between initial and rotated position of point in co-ordinates based rotation is printed to logs.
- Bug-Fix: Fixed symbols switching.
- Bug-Fix: Manual part referencing is saved with project file.
- Change: The precision check for the co-ordinates based rotation is removed for flexibility.
- Change: The direction of co-ordinates based rotation is verified by decreasing distance trend to the target point.
- Info.: The log file is generated in the same directory as of selected excel file.
Release 2018.1 Date: 26 September 2018
- Initial release of the software.